harmon.ie today announced a consolidated harmon.ie product offering that meets the evolving demands of today’s enterprises, and their digital workforce. Bringing together harmon.ie’s powerful, award-winning products into a single, unified offering, the new solution also includes critical additions that streamline workplace collaboration and make Microsoft SharePoint easier to use in the enterprise environment.
“Our project managers need to be able to work on the road, as well as in the office,” said Simon Willgress, Estates Project Manager at NEXT, the leading retail fashion and home store chain with over 500 stores in the UK and Eire and around 200 stores in more than 40 countries overseas. “With hundreds of business locations, we need to ensure our sites are fully operational. harmon.ie is a key part of our project management toolkit. Together with SharePoint, harmon.ie enables our product managers to easily store and classify business-critical documents and emails directly from Outlook, as well as from mobile devices. We applaud harmon.ie’s new unified offering because it supports the anytime, anywhere nature of our business.”
Building on its history of making it easy for non-technical information workers to use SharePoint effectively by bringing it into their everyday work experience, the new, enterprise-ready harmon.ie solution allows workers to upload, classify, and share emails and documents to SharePoint and Office 365 from any of their email clients – including Outlook on the PC, Outlook on a Mac, or via an app for Outlook on a mobile device or in a browser. For a limited time, current harmon.ie customers can upgrade to the new harmon.ie offering at promotional rates.
“While the popularity of enterprise cloud and mobile technologies have certainly helped the workforce, it has also lead to employees being bombarded with disjointed experiences,” added Alan Lepofsky, vice president of Constellation Research. “People are looking for products and services that bring together the information and people they need to more effectively and efficiently get their jobs done.”
Serving over a thousand organizations and more than 1.8 million licensed harmon.ie users on every continent, harmon.ie saw a 220 percent jump in enterprise licenses sold in 2015. The unified enterprise offering aims to help its customers realize the benefits of enterprise collaboration, namely:
- Significantly boosting SharePoint adoption to drive return on investment for SharePoint/Office 365 initiatives;
- Increasing worker productivity by reducing interruptions and preserving context;
- Making important information and documents easier to find by helping workers properly classify and store important emails and documents in a single, central repository;
- And improving information governance, email management, project management, records management and compliance.
“We focus on the human element of introducing new technology, like SharePoint, to an organization. By bringing SharePoint and collaboration into the familiar confines of email, we remove the barriers of adoption. Workers stay focused and do not have to go somewhere else to get work done or learn new interfaces or procedures,” noted harmon.ie CEO Yaacov Cohen. “People naturally resist change, so the key to any successful new technology rollout is making the right thing to do the easy thing.”
In addition, the new harmon.ie solution adds strategic enhancements to the collaboration platform, including:
- App for Outlook Enterprise Edition – A new app that runs within Outlook on the Mac, on mobile devices, and within the browser that enables users to automatically add metadata to saved emails when uploading them to SharePoint
- Easy Access to Office 365 Groups – Users can access Office 365 Group files directly from the harmon.ie email sidebar. The ability to view, edit and share Office 365 Group files with colleagues directly from email and the harmon.ie mobile app eliminates the need to navigate to a browser to work with Group files.
- Email-as-a-Record Functionality – Users can now declare an email—one of the most important, but often forgotten, content types—as a record in SharePoint from the harmon.ie sidebar to ease record management and enhance compliance.
- Extended Sharing Capabilities – Users can now go directly to a colleague’s OneDrive/My Site, and can quickly upload multiple images and videos to SharePoint simultaneously.
harmon.ie provides a suite of user experience products that empower the digital workplace. An established global company serving thousands of enterprise customers, harmon.ie helps information workers focus on getting work done, rather than on using a multitude of tools. harmon.ie is a Microsoft Partner of the Year Finalist and an IBM global partner.
harmon.ie creates a contextual, single-app activity stream of multiple cloud services from leading enterprise cloud vendors including Microsoft and Salesforce.com across mobile devices and desktop computers. For Microsoft customers, harmon.ie increases their adoption and return on investments in SharePoint, Office 365 and other Microsoft collaboration products, thereby helping organization successfully implement Email Management, Information Governance/Compliance, Records Management, and Client/Case Management.